Spray Tan Care
- To enhance the effectiveness of your sunless spray tanning session condition and exfoliate your skin: EXFOLIATE A FEW TIMES BEFORE EACH TAN SESSION TO REMOVE DRY, FLAKY SKIN. (THIS SHOULD BE DONE DAILY FOR TWO DAYS PRIOR TO THE DAY OF TANNING).
- Remove dead, dry skin cells evenly from all the areas of the body paying close attention to hands, feet, elbows and neck. Scrub evenly. Dead skin will prevent the absorption of DHA Bronzers into the fresh healthy skin cells below. This allows for the Glisten sunless airbrush spray tan to absorb deeply into the skin and oxidize to a brilliant golden brown color. Spraying sunless products on DRY FLAKY SKIN causes the tan to look less natural, uneven when fading and will shorten the life of your sunless tan.
- Note: AVOID USING BAR SOAPS, high pH in bar soaps, shower products or in-shower moisturizers can halt the DHA bronzing reaction or cause the “orange streaky effect”. Ever have a tan that looks great and then on day 2-3 the color starts to change and appear like its streaking? BLAME YOUR BAR SOAP! OR BODY PRODUCTS WITH EXCESSIVE ALCOHOLS AND CHEMICAL PRESERVATIVES.
- STOP! DO NOT APPLY LOTION. Do not apply lotions, moisturizers or perfumes, prior to your session. Use deodorant sparingly. It’s best not to apply make-up, but if you do, please remove before your session. Eye make-up is fine during the session.
- WEAR LOOSE FITTING CLOTHING and remove jewelry. Tight clothes can rub off or smear the sunless bronzers. YES THIS MEANS SKINNY JEANS,JEGGINGS, YOGA PANTS and LEGGINGS!!
- FOR AN EXTRA LONG TAN: Don’t forget the PRE-SPRAY! Glistens Pre-tanning Spray with DHA enhancers will be applied by the consultant before your tanning session. This product provides your skin with light hydration, pH balancers, as well as New DHA enhancer technology to insure a darker, more natural looking color. **This is a Glisten Client favorite AND an ORIGINAL product of GLISTEN! You will not find this product in any other salon in the midwest!!**
For additional color and to preserve and maintain we suggest the use of 4 Faces Touch-up Spray, this spray can be used daily on the face before make-up applications. For touch ups on the body we recommend Sunless Mousse, Sunless Sprays and Sunless Lotions! Visit the salon for more details! Keep Your Tan Longer–The following will lighten or make an airbrush tan spotty:
- ANY AND ALL BAR SOAP WILL CAUSE DISCOLORATION AND UNEVEN FADING
- Dove brand soap, shower gel and lotion
- Curl lotion -Hair thinning lotion or removing lotion
- Anti-aging products or AHA’s -Beta Hydroxy Acids-Salicylic Acid
- Retin-A type products (Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac, Tretinoin)
- Toners containing Alcohols or witch Hazel
- AVOID BABY OIL
- Anti-acne products
- BandAids pulls off layers of the “Tan”
- Pore cleansing facial strips
- Depilatory products
- Shaving with a dull razor – ALWAYS USE A FRESH BLADE
- Pat dry instead of rubbing
- Bleach products for body hair -Hot tubs, chlorine, salt water
- Bug sprays – try to spray your clothes instead of you. If you must have it on you, spray a “cloud” to go through any products by BBW & VS.